Archive for the ‘Trent Walters’ Category
Friday, January 7th, 2011
From the journal of Aleisha Billington: The alien–his cat-like claws retracting–probably was not the last in the world, but he was the last in our area. I shot the SOB trying to implant himself in my baby. Through a gurgle of blood, he said something like, ‘We have a long memory.’ ‘We do, too,’ I said and, after adjusting the phaser to kill, shot him dead before he could say more and tossed him onto the compost heap.
From our soil analyses, it appears the invasive species decayed, worms fed upon it, birds fed upon them, and Felis catus, domestic cats, fed upon them before mutating. “Biological magnification,” the extinct human species had called it.
Or formerly extinct. It’s hard to know if we are the same humans just because we share the same genes. For instance, Aleisha Billington sounds so emotionally driven by vengeance. I am Aleisha Billington, reconstituted. But I feel no kinship with her intensity. For this Aleisha, life is just dispassionate biology: It gives and it takes away. Am I the same me?
Items She’d Need to Save the World and Get the Guy
Thursday, December 30th, 2010
1. Alfa-Romeo Spider sporty convertible to whip her hair around and make her look cool (not to mention the nifty oil slick and auto-lock rotating machine gun to wipe counter-agents off her tail): Check.
2. Suction cups to scale the walls of Castle Darkmater: Check.
3. Finger sleeves of the richest, most handsome villain in the world, Victor Maximilian, (sleeves copied digitally off a wine glass at soiree she’d crashed) to key open the foyer: Check.
4. Minty fresh, super-stick, highly-elastic, chewing gum to stretch across the corridor for when the guards chase after her, trip and fall into the thin, fine web, wrapped in its snare: Check.
5. Scout bots to scour the directions to the secret passage (behind the tapestry) leading to the dungeon where he hid the doom’s-day device: Check.
6. Electric grenades to short-circuit his giant robo-snakes patrolling the passage to the dungeon: Check.
7. Key-codes to shutting down the doom’s-day device which three agents had died retrieving, which will fail because he had changed the codes (Mu-a-a-a-a-a!): Check.
8. Fail-safe codes which three more agents had died retrieving, which will launch the doom’s-day beam into empty space: Check.
9. Stun gun (she didn’t want to kill Victor but to reform him): Check.
10. Low-cut blouse, pumps, and skirt: Uncheck. (Damn. She knew she’d forgotten something.)